Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Big and Easy

I just got home from New Orleans and it was another one of those trips that make me long to live there. We have been so many times that we now have local friends who anticipate our arrival. Mike likes to say "you know you are in trouble when bartenders know you by name - in a city where you don't even live." But I have to say, it's really nice to come to a place that you love and truly feel like you are as much "at home" there as you are anywhere else.

I saw some of the most amazing artwork this trip. The local artisans are really stepping up their game. Jackson Square was full of brilliant talent. None of the artists would let me take photos, but I encourage you to check them out when you are in NOLA next time. You won't be disappointed.


Of all of NOLA's talent, my favorite by far is George Rodrigue. He paints the BLUE DOG series that you might have seen in book form at your local Barnes and Noble. He has some wonderful new prints. I could spend my life's savings collecting all the ones I like. But for right now, these are my favorites.


Photos courtesy of George Rodrigue


No comments: