Friday, September 23, 2011

funny bone...

If you haven't seen this book, you are missing a MAJOR belly laugh. Chewed is the brain-child of Arne Svenson and Ron Warren, co-writers and the funny bone behind sights that the dog lovers in my readership will completely understand. They built a book around the invented stories of chewed up pet toys and their destroyers. Here's my favorite:



Q. *Gracie. What happened?

A. I can't remember the details. I blanked out. But I'll be honest I loved every minute of it. We'd been polite for years and then one day *Georgie just lost it and he started going for it.

Q. Is there any part of it you regret?


A. In my line of work it's what you expect. You come off the assembly line fresh and fluffy and you pray for this to happen. I don't know how I can explain it to you except to say it's what I'm created for.


Q. But from the looks of things there was violence.


A. Violence? Are you kidding? Try
Ecstasy!

Q. Did you learn anything?


A. I learned to surrender. To live my life. I faced my worst fears and was delighted with the outcome. Okay maybe I'm not as beautiful as I was ten years ago but who is? I considered plastic surgery but I hate it. It's so obvious and desperate. Better to look your age...



©2011. Chewed. 

No comments: