Wednesday, November 2, 2011

M.I.A.

So, work travel has made it difficult for me to keep up – not just with the blog, but with many things.
On my plate right now:

• moving Biased Baby clothing line off of cafepress.com and onto Etsy. This will allow me to cut my prices in almost half and hopefully build the business more. I already have an Etsy page, but it doesn't contain my clothing line. I've gotten all my business licenses transferred to Tennessee, so as soon as my wholesale purchase certificate is processed, I'll be up and running. It can't happen fast enough.

• Masters Program work. I just got my seventh A, meaning my 4.0 GPA remains intact. This program is kicking my ass, though. When I was in college, I was in the fine arts program, so the time spent in research and writing was never this intense.

• Keeping up with things at work. It's not glamorous, but it's the truth. There's so much to do, sometimes I just stare at my desk, dumbfounded at where to start.

• Missing my husband and babies. So, the kids have been @ Mike's for 3 weeks because my travel schedule was so crazy. Mike, as you might remember, is a 4th year Veterinary Medicine student and lives elsewhere. It's nice that his school schedule afforded me the ability to leave the pups and kittens there, but my house is such a sad, pitiful place to come home to. The quiet is deafening. I might have to bring in a random cat and have it crap on the floor, just so I can think that the big, fat cat is back at home. Thankfully, I get to pick them up next weekend and see Mike for a solid 3 days. I won't know what to do with myself.

So, I've got a TON of stuff to tell you guys – Europe trip, New Orleans trip + tragedy, new Biased clothing spawned by the Occupy Wall St movement and some cool pics to share. I'll be back tomorrow, promise.

No comments: